Santa Cruz Reserve Wheels
- Industry-leading No-Hassle Lifetime Warranty
- 24-hour warranty replacement initiation
- 28 hole option only
- 27.5" and 29” options
- Reserve 27 - 27mm internal rim widths in both wheel sizes
- Reserve 30 - 30mm internal rim widths in both wheel sizes
- Reserve 25 - 25mm internal width in lightweight 29” option
- Reserve 37 - 37mm internal width for 27" wheel sizes only
- Designed around standard, exposed spoke nipples
- 4mm offset Asymmetrical rim design
- Reinforced Spoke nipple beds resist failure around spoke holes
- Rim-only options available now for custom wheel builds
- Built wheelsets starting at $1,599
|Rim||Reserve 27||Reserve 30||Reserve 37|
|Rim Weight 27.5||435g||470g||450g|
|Rim Weight 29||455g||490g||27.5" only|
|Wheelset Weight 27.5 TD350||1677g||1751g||1740g|
|Wheelset Weight 29 TD350||1755g||1831g||27.5" only|
|Wheelset Weight - 27.5” Torch||1657g||1731g||1720|
|Wheelset Weight - 29” Torch||1735g||1811g||27.5" only|
Custom BuildsGBS Has full capability to build wheels in-house! Give us a call and we’ll talk options.
- Hand-built, trued, and tensioned right here in Golden Bike Shop
- Alloy nipples available in a wide variety colors
- Hubs available from DT Swiss in a variety of sizes and configurations
- Hubs from Industry nine are available in a variety of anodized colors
- Hubs from Onyx Racing Products available in a ton of anodized, and powder coat finishes.
- One complimentary wheel true and tension after purchase
- Labor to install wheels on your bike is included with purchase
Wheel Upgrade Special
Golden Bike shop is offering a limited time opportunity to upgrade any bike purchased to Santa Cruz Reserve Wheels. Buy any in-stock bike, and upgrade that bike to reserve wheels for $1,200 at the time of the purchase. We’ll keep the stock wheels, and take care of the labor to swap tires, cassette and rotors to make sure everything is dialed before the bike goes out the door. Boom - done.
Rider FeedbackClay Donovan - GBS Inventory Wizard and Tallboy CC X01 Reserve Owner:
I’ve been riding a pair of 27mm wide 29 inch Reserves laced to DT 350 hubs on my Tallboy for the last 6 months or so. The Reserves have been stiff and reliable, even handling multiple hard rim impacts at irresponsibly low tire pressures. I know that if I’d hit those same rocks at the same speed with an alloy rim, they would have been toast. These are some of the toughest rim of ANY material available today. The performance gains over an alloy rim--or even a less robust carbon rim-- are noticeable, particularly in terms of stiffness. The Reserves track very true through hard corners and rough trail chunder with minimal deflection or uneasiness. Despite the obvious stiffness, I don’t notice any harshness or detrimental effects to overall ride quality. The build out of the box was also very high-quality; both wheels were true and evenly tensioned. I have not developed any run-out at the rim despite some pretty harsh riding and have not needed to touch a spoke wrench so far. My one quibble on these wheels would be that the stock valve stem seems to be more prone to clogging with sealant than a typical valve stem like a Stan’s, DT Swiss, WTB, Etc. That having been said, valves are cheap and easy to replace if necessary, and more attention to valve position while putting my bike away for storage might have prevented the problem in the first place.
So far I am a huge fan of these wheels! While not as super-light as some competitors in the carbon wheel game, the performance, build quality, and durability, combined with the very reasonable pricing and KILLER warranty made these Reserve wheels a great choice for me and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to all but the most gram-conscious riders.