The new Switchblade has a slacker head angle, steeper seat angle, increased reach and a longer wheelbase than its predecessor. Size specific chainstays are tucked in and responsive but grow incrementally longer on larger frames. This translates to added stability at warp speeds while still maintaining the snap and pop that is ingrained in the Switchblade’s DNA.
The new Switchblade is light enough to pedal all day, but stout enough to run a Fox 38 without any worries.
You can spin this rig up into the jagged high places, and it is burly enough, composed enough, planted enough and smooth enough to smash every line all the way back down, laughing the whole way.
The latest iteration of this legendary machine features an incredibly refined dw-Link suspension that stitches together the pedaling response and agility of the Trail 429 with the battle hardened, EWS proven, big terrain suspension and handling chops of the Firebird.
- Ultra-Light Hollow Core Carbon Frame.
- Size Specific Chainstays
- 142mm of supple-yet-efficient dw-link™ suspension travel featuring a vertically mounted trunnion metric air shock.
- Equipped with a 44mm offset 160mm-travel Fox 36 Grip or Grip2.
- Flip Chip for on-trail geometry customization.
- Compatible with both 29, 27.5+" and 27.5” rear/29” front (mullet) wheel sizes without compromise thanks to the Flip chip’s adjustable geometry feature
- Large Water Bottle Clearance on all sizes.
- Pivot Tool Dock system compatible with mounts under the top tube and integrated into the underside of the frame.
- Hassle free full internal routing with Pivot cable port system.
- Featuring the easy to find UDH rear derailleur hanger for peace of mind when traveling.
“The new Switchblade has more capable geometry and updated dw-link kinematics, the new bike handles better, climbs better, and is more comfortable in a bike park setting but retains its standing as a bike you can ride anywhere. This new Switchblade improves upon every area of performance and sets a new bar for how a 140-150mm travel Trail/Enduro bike should ride.”
|Fox Factory 36 29”, 44mm offset, GRIP2 - 160mm
|Pivot Precision Sealed Cartridge
|Fox Factory Float X
|DT Swiss XM1700 - 29” | F - 15x110 / R - 12x157
|DT Swiss 350 hub & 36t Star Ratchet 30mm
|F - Maxxis Minion DHF 29” x 2.5” | R - Maxxis Minion DHRII 29” x 2.4”
|Race Face Æffect R 32t
|Shimano CN-M8100 12-Speed
|Shimano XTR M9100 SGS 12-Speed
|Shimano XT M8100 10-51t
|Shimano XT M8100 ISPEC EV 12-Speed
|Phoenix Team Low Rise Carbon - 760mm (XS), 780mm (SM-LG), 800mm (XL)
|Phoenix Team Enduro/Trail
|Shimano XT M8120 4-piston
|Phoenix WTB Pro High Tail Trail (XS, SM), Phoenix WTB Volt Pro (Medium Width) (MD-XL)
|Fox Factory Transfer 125mm (XS), 150mm (SM), 175mm (MD), 200mm (LG-XL)
|XS |SM | MD | LG | XL
* Subject to change without notice.
|Blue Neptune / Large / Alloy Wheels