Bike Rental Guidelines
Rent a bike for 24 hours and explore some local trails
Who is it for?
Anyone who wants to have the best cycling experience possible on their vacation or extended test ride.
What is available to rent?
- A wide range of fantastic off-road bicycles from incredible brands like Yeti, Pivot, Mondraker, Santa Cruz, and Juliana
- Sizes in most models ranging from XS through XXL
- Full-suspension only bikes.
- Rental bikes MSRP priced from $6,799 up to $9,999
Where can I ride?
- Riders with time constraints have access to several hours' worth of world-class trails within 5-10 minutes' drive from the shop.
- The Chimney Gulch trail starts 8 blocks from the shop, and North Table is 1.5 miles away and can be accessed mostly on paved bike paths.
- 24-hour rental periods allow you to take the bike just about wherever you wanna ride.
- Bike parks days happen, but please be advised of our damage policy before hucking to flat in that rock garden.
When are rental bikes available to pick up or return?
- Rentals can be picked up and returned during our seasonal business hours, which never include Saturdays.
- Rentals must be returned within 24 hours of the time they were picked up. There will likely be someone scheduled right after you.
- Bikes picked up on Friday afternoon must be returned by Noon on the following Sunday.
Why should I rent from GBS?
- We always take the extra time to dial in the fit, and suspension setup to give you the best experience possible.
- We're conveniently located in a mountain biking mecca with hundreds of miles of trails right out the door.
- Our state-of-the-art rental bikes are carefully maintained, safety checked and inspected between every ride.
- If we can't serve your needs, we'll help find someone nearby who can.
How do I get started?
- Call, email or stop by the shop and talk to one of our staff. We can decide together if our bikes are right for your adventure.
- We'll discuss options for bikes to ride, and places to ride them, and we'll come up with a plan.
- Sign our Waiver, submit photocopies of Credit card and ID in-store, and get set up on the bike.
- Pay $100/day, and the bike is yours to ride for 24 hours.
- Plan at least 7-10 days ahead for all rental reservations. This is especially important in the busy summer months.
- Weigh yourself with all your standard riding gear on (if that's not too weird) - this will help with suspension setup.
- Measure your seat height and memorize this number. This can speed up, and create consistency in the bike set-up process.
- Know what kind of pedals you prefer, and we'll likely have a pair for demo so you can leave yours at home.
- Never ride soft, muddy, or wet trails. We take this quite seriously, and we care a lot about the health of our local trails.
- Have a plan for safe transportation and storage of demo bikes while they are in your possession.
- Bring your own helmet - just because it probably fits you nicely. We have helmets though. Don't stress.
- Be honest about your level of experience, and don't be afraid to ask as many questions as needed to feel completely comfortable.
- Bring a parent if you are under 18 years of age. Sorry kid.
Bike damage policy
We do our best to provide top-notch demo bikes for all demo and rental customers. Part of maintaining our ability to provide this service is making sure that any damage to our bikes is repaired as quickly as possible. This ensures a safe and enjoyable experience for all demo users. Please review the following guidelines regarding our demo fleet and how we deal with damaged bikes.
- Riders will be given the opportunity to assess the condition of the bike before they ride it, and relay any concerns before the bike goes out.
- All bikes will be inspected for crash damage after each demo outing. Plan to allow at least 10 minutes for this inspection when you drop the bike off.
- You will be asked about any crashes that have occurred. Please be honest, as any damage can pose a huge safety concern for subsequent riders.
- All components which are damaged and require replacement will be charged at the expense of the rider who purchased the rental or demo program.
- All replacement parts will be charged at our cost. (Meaning we don't make any money from these situations).
- Our aim is to be as fair and reasonable as possible, without financially compromising our ability to continue providing the demo and rental service.
- Detailed notes will be kept on each demo bike, its condition, and any prior damage or repairs it has undergone.
- Any damage sustained during rentals or demo rides will be evaluated by our service department immediately when the bike is returned. The demo user may not leave until damage is thoroughly assessed and paid for.
- We sincerely appreciate your understanding of these policies.
- Ride hard - be safe - have fun!