- Full-Suspension, Full Carbon frame with 110mm of Travel
- Fox 34 Elite series fork with FIT 4 damper, and 120mm of travel, and CTD compression damping.
- Fox Float Elite CTD rear shock.
- 29" alloy wheels with 24mm rim width and 2.4"F/2.35"R Tire
- SRAM X01 Eagle Drivetrain with 32t ring and 10-50t
- Rockshox Reverb B1 Dropper seatpost.
- Carbon handlebar and SRAM carbon crankset.
- Complete bikes start at $2599 MSRP (alloy)
What to Expect
- Simple, well thought-out design
- Efficient pedaling, but active suspension.
- 27.5+ Compatible frame and fork.*
- Short travel, but a stable descender
- A great all-rounder for trail and race days
- XXL Frame size in carbon models
- No rider weight limit.
- Aluminum Options starting at $2599
Detail Images Below - Please click through and read the captions for full specs on this X01 Eagle equipped Demo model*
Other Build kit options for the Tallboy 3:
CC XX1 Eagle - $7999 | CC X01 Eagle* - best seller - $6599 | CC XT - $6099
C GX*- 2nd best seller- $4599 | C SLX 2x - $3699 | C NX 1x - $3599
AL NX 1x* - $2699 | AL NX/FOX 1x - $2999 | AL SLX 2x - $2999
[* available in either 29" or 27.5"+ wheel sizes* ]
Carbon Fiber and Aluminum Frame options
- High-Modulus Carbon fiber frames - Designated CC - are the highest performance and lightest weight option for Santa Cruz bicycle frames. These are around 280grams lighter on average than a comparable C level frame. CC builds are typically the most expensive, and include the option of ENVE wheel upgrades from the factory. Frame-only options are only available in CC level construction.
- Mid-Modulus Carbon frames - designated C - are the best bang for the buck option. The same strength, stiffness, and toughness as the CC level frames - but less expensive to manufacture. C level builds are more affordable and offer amazing value.
- Aluminum is the best option for budget-conscious riders, or those who are newer to the sport. Aluminum bikes are available as complete bikes only, and offer the best bang for the buck.
* 27.5+ Builds require fork travel increase to 130mm - A $55 fork part swap (plus labor) should achieve this.
**Specs listed in photos are original equipment on the Tallboy 3 X01 Eagle model which retails for $6599. Exact demo bike spec may vary from what's listed above.