- Full-Suspension, Full Carbon frame with 170mm of Travel
- Fox 36 Factory fork with Kashima coat and FIT 4 damper
- Fox Float X2 rear shock.
- 27.5" wheels with 30mm rim width and 2.5"F/2.4"R Tire
- SRAM X01 Eagle Drivetrain with 30t ring and 10-50t
- Fox Transfer Elite Dropper seatpost.
- Carbon handlebar and crankset
What to Expect
- Long and low frame geometry with wide handlebars
- Slack head angle for high speed stability.
- Aggressive, tacky tires and stiff wheels.
- Plush suspension with effective compression lockout.
- Confident descending.
Sizing: | Small 5'4"- 5'9" 162-175cm | Medium 5'7"- 5'11" 170 -180cm | Large 5'10"- 6'2" 180 -188cm | XL 6'2" - 6'6" 188-198cm
Rider: Nick P - GBS Staff - 5'8" 160lbs - Frame size Medium.
"I'm a fan of the long-travel enduro-ish-bike category, so it was natural that I'd be attracted to the Firebird. I was the first to grab our brand new demo bike, and put it through the paces at White Ranch. I was immediately impressed by the plushness and linear feel of the Float X2 shock. It also seemed to be the most active version of any DW Link bike that I've ridden. The Medium was a good fit, and I felt right at home on the bike with no seatpost length issues.. The Float X2 shock has a short-throw compression-damping lever (lockout) which is easy to use, and really effective for minimizing excess suspension movement on the climbs. The bike was a super capable climber, and the rougher it got, the better it climbed. The SRAM Eagle drivetrain is a perfect match for this kind of bike. With such a big burly chassis, there is always some drawback on the uphill. The wide gear range of SRAM Eagle, combined with the advanced geometry and the Fox compression damping really help to mitigate the feelings of this bike being 'too big' on the climbs. Descending is about what you'd expect - rowdy, fast and confidence inspiring ripper."
(More rider feedback coming soon!)