She told us to build it right.
And so we did.
Salsa Mukluk Ti - Custom Built
With Industry Nine, HED Big Deal (they're kind of a big deal), color-matched carbon fork. This thing is slick, and ready to tackle all the snow.
We're excited to build a bike to suit your needs.
We were approached by a customer to build her a titanium fatbike, make it sweet, make it light, and to top it all off: make it look damn good.
Titanium offers an unreal ride quality, light, long-lasting, and smoother than fresh-churned butter. Salsa has really stepped up the titanium game for 2015 and on, bringing a fresh new aesthetic appeal to their lineup of ti bikes and frames, with beautiful welds, custom-drawn tubing, sliding thru-axle dropouts, and rack mounts throughout. The Mukluk Ti is a terrific addition to their already stellar fatbike lineup, bringing the go-anywhere, bikepacking-inspired design of the Mukluk to the crowd seeking lighter, stronger, and smoother riding fatbikes.
So... What'd we bolt up to this puppy?
- Frame: Salsa Mukluk Ti - XS, white/raw
- Fork: Salsa Makwa Carbon, custom painted to matc
- Cranks: SRAM X1 170mm w/ 30t X-Sync ring
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X1 11-speed
- Shifter: SRAM X1 trigger
- Cassette: SRAM X1 pinned
- Headset: Cane Creek 40
- Stem: Thomson X4
- Handlebar: Salsa Alloy
- Grips: Salsa Backcountry lock-on
- Brakes: SRAM Guide R
- Seatpost: Thomson Elite
- Saddle: WTB Pure V
- Hubs: Industry Nine Torch Fat, 15x142 front, 12x177 rear
- Rims: HED Big Deal Carbon
- Held together by Industry Nine's US-made aluminum spokes
- Gaining traction with Surly Nate 4.0 120tpi tires, setup tubeless
25.5 pounds. As built.