It's here. It's ridiculous. It's awesome. We went there.
Oh yeah, and it's red.
Salsa Carbon Bucksaw w/ Shimano XTR Di2
Exclusively at GBS
We got our shipment of Carbon Bucksaws from Salsa, and got to thinking... Their stock build is sweet, but we have this Shimano XTR M9050 Di2 kit, a set of the slickest fatbike-compatible carbon cranks from RaceFace, and some sexy green bits... Clearly these parts ought to go on the first production full-suspension carbon fatbike.
And thus, the beast was born. With the full compliment of XTR goodies, carbon Salsa handlebar, dropper post, and Whisky Carbon fat wheels... This baby isn't just beautiful, nor is it simply silly... It's built to ride. Day in and day out. Take it out in the backcountry for days on end, go kill it with mad traction on your before or after work rides. Or simply make all your friends insanely jealous of the raddest fatty ever to grace the trails. Oh yeah, and it only weighs 28 pounds.
So... What's the full spec sheet you ask?
- Frame: Salsa Bucksaw Carbon - red, medium
- Fork: RockShox Bluto RL
- Shock: RockShox Monarch RT3
- Cranks: RaceFace Next SL with Raceface 30t Direct Mount Narrow-Wide
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M9050
- Shifter: Shimano XTR M9050
- Cassette: Shimano XTR M9000 11-40
- Chain: Shimano XTR M9000
- Fully complimented with a custom-integrated battery in the steerer tube of the fork
- Headset: Cane Creek 40
- Stem: Thomson X4
- Handlebar: Salsa Rustler Carbon
- Grips: Salsa Backcountry lock-on
- Brakes: Shimano XT
- Rotors: Shimano XT IceTech 180 f/r
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth
- Saddle: WTB Pure V Salsa Edition
- Hubs: Salsa Fat, 15x150 front, 12x177 rear
- Rims: Whisky Carbon No.9, 70mm
- Held together by DT Swiss Competition double-butted wire bits
- Gaining traction with Schwalbe Jumbo Jim 4.0"
28 pounds. As built.