On Monday, a box arrived at GBS, along with a phone call to keep our traps shut until Tuesday. We could build it, photograph it, and get amped about the new shiny, but we couldn't tell a soul until the official release. After riding this sexy bike around a bit, maybe we don't want to share it with the world... maybe it's just too much fun and we want it all to ourselves!
Nah, that's selfish.
Why Di2? Because we're weak for shiny, that's why. Shimano's XTR Di2 is the drivetrain. It's ultra-precise, as fast as lightning, and just fun. Coupled with some beefcake 2.8" Nobby Nic tires from Schwalbe, mounted up to our new favorite--Nox Kitsuma wide carbon hoops, this bike is a beast ready to demolish your way down Lower Porcupine Singletrack, bomb through rock gardens, or just sail through whatever terrain you find before you.
To top it all off: our demos are in the mail.
- Frame: Santa Cruz Hightower CC
- Fork: RockShox Pike RCT3 140
- Shock: RockShox Monarch Debonair
- Cranks: RaceFace Next SL with Raceface 32t Direct Mount Narrow-Wide
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M9050
- Shifter: Shimano XTR M9050
- Cassette: Shimano XTR M9000 11-40
- Chain: Shimano XTR M9000
- Fully complimented with a custom-integrated battery in the steerer tube of the fork
- Headset: Cane Creek 40
- Stem: Enve 60mm
- Handlebar: Enve DH, 800mm
- Grips: ODI Aaron Gwin
- Brakes: Shimano XTR
- Rotors: Shimano XTR RT99 Freeza 160r/180f
- Seatpost: KS Lev Integra 150
- Saddle: WTB Volt Pro
- Hubs: DT Swiss 350 Boost
- Rims: Nox Composites Kitsuma - 35mm inner width
- Held together by DT Swiss Competition double-butted wire bits
- Gaining mad traction with Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.8" tires
26.7 pounds. As. Seen. Here.
IT'S OKAY TO DROOL.