WHO IS IT FOR?
- Anyone who wants to have the best cycling experience possible on their vacation or extended test ride.
WHAT IS AVAILABLE TO rent?
- A wide range of fantastic off-road bicycles from incredible brands like Yeti, Spot, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Salsa, Surly, and Proudfoot.
- Sizes in most models ranging from XS through XL
- Full-suspension, and front suspension only bikes.
- Bikes made from steel, aluminum, and definitely carbon fiber!
- Rental bikes MSRP priced from $2200 up to $6999 - at daily rates of only $60 - $100
WHERE CAN I RIDE?
- Riders with time constraints have access to several hours' worth of world-class trails within 5-10 minutes' drive from the shop.
- 24-hour rental periods allow you to take the bike just about wherever you wanna ride.
- Bike parks days happen, but please be advised of our damage policy before hucking to flat in that rock garden.
WHEN ARE Rental BIKES AVAILABLE TO PICK UP OR RETURN?
- Rentals can be picked up and returned during our seasonal business hours, which never include Saturdays.
- Rentals must be returned within 24 hours of the time they were picked up. There will likely be someone scheduled right after you.
- Bikes picked up on Friday afternoon must be returned by Noon on the following Sunday.
WHY SHOULD I Rent from GBS?
- We always take the extra time to dial in the fit, and suspension setup to give you the best experience possible.
- We're conveniently located in a mountain biking mecca with hundreds of miles of trails right up the road.
- Lookout Mountain is a short distance away, and one of the best road rides around.
- Our state-of-the-art rental bikes are carefully maintained, safety checked and inspected between every ride.
- If we can't serve your needs, we'll help find someone nearby who can.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Call, email or stop by the shop and talk to one of our staff. We can decide together if our bikes are right for your adventure.
- We'll discuss options for bikes to ride, and places to ride them, and we'll come up with a plan.
- Sign our Waiver, submit photocopies of Credit card and ID in-store, and get set up on the bike.
- Pay $100/day for carbon or $60/day for alloy/steel , and the bike is yours to ride for 24 hours.
- Plan at least 7-10 days ahead for all rental reservations. This is especially important in the busy summer months.
- Weigh yourself with all your standard riding gear on (if that's not too weird) - this will help with suspension setup.
- Measure your seat height and memorize this number. This can speed up, and create consistency in the bike set-up process.
- Know what kind of pedals you prefer, and we'll likely have a pair for demo so you can leave yours at home.
- Never ride soft, muddy, or wet trails. We take this quite seriously, and we care a lot about the health of our local trails.
- Have a plan for safe transportation and storage of demo bikes while they are in your possession.
- Bring your own helmet - just because it probably fits you nice. We have helmets though. Don't stress.
- Be honest about your level of experience, and don't be afraid to ask as many questions as needed to feel completely comfortable.
- Bring a parent if you are under 18 years of age. Sorry kid.